Sunday, May 3, 2015

...And Again, Mt. Wilson

Completing the weekend double-header:  I did the Mt Wilson 20 miler again.  The  time was a lot slower than yesterday:  2:50 up; 4:22 total round trip time.  The route was 20.0 miles,  1/2 mile longer than yesterday as I took the toll road down from the summit rather than the 0.7 mile single track from the south.  I just wasn't feeling like rock hopping.  Overall I was stiff and sore from the rather fast downhill yesterday, so this was a great workout for me.

The focus of my training now, going into the AC100 summer training, is resilience, not speed.   This Mt Wilson workout is good for that, especially as I have still felt a little flat since the Leona Divide 50.   Next week I will back the mileage off as I have some commitments next weekend that will prevent me from taking long runs.  Then I will ramp up again for the first high mileage training cycle of the summer.

Today I ran in my Inov-8 trail roc 255's -  bought last year.  These shoes felt pretty good;  I remember them feeling uncomfortably narrow when I bought them, but this was not an issue today- I guess they are broken in now.  I like the aggressive lugs on these Inov-8s and wanted to try them out again on steep gravel.  I had run several short runs in them in the week after Leona as my right foot had a bit of a bruise on the outside of the foot, and I found them pretty comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment