Sunday, January 17, 2016

Back from Gent, Belgium: Great running

Yesterday I returned home from a 1 week long business trip to Gent, Belgium and am hanging out resting after a 10 hour sleep, feeling a bit run down so I decided to skip my morning long run.

My colleague and I stayed in the Gent Centrum-  an area with beautiful architecture, fantastic food, and excellent running, provided one is prepared to run in the dark in rain just above the freezing point.  I typically layered up in tights, long pants, a wool shirt with a tech fabric layer over the top and a windbreaker.  Hat and gloves as well.

I managed mostly two-a-day workouts.  Run at 6am;  get back from work, run again, then out to dinner.

The best running was south from the hotel in the Centrum along the Leie River toward the Watersportbaan-  a 1.5 mile long rowing lake.  It was fantastic:


South on the Leie

Looking east from the west end of the Watersportbann

Gaufres Mikado!




Graffiti along the Leie under a bridge 

Night run along the Wayersportbaan...folks out rowing after dark.  There were lots of runners.

Run north along the Leie

North along the Leie



No comments:

Post a Comment